Palm Springs Modern Architecture and the Use of Screen Block

2009 is a great assemblage to reflect back on, now that it is nearly over. Whew, what a turbulent assemblage - full of challenges. I am not digit to acquire into the doom and gloom of the economic status (I hit weathered others through the years: primeval 80's, primeval 90's, late 90's), but this assemblage was a assemblage of an down economic status that has seemed to hit free no digit in the 'world.' There is a locution that when the going gets tough, the thickened get going. It is hard to see when you are in the midst of chaos, until you hit become through it.....hopefully we are through it!!! One of the benefits for me was that I kept busy and was continually looking for ways to charge and re-inspire. I was fortunate to hit four wonderful trips this assemblage to do just that. It is rattling important when you are working in a creative field to be continually evolving and expanding your horizons, and movement helps me to do that. I also full filled a chronicle daylong dream this assemblage and went back to school and took digit Art classes in Mixed Media Painting. I subsequently turned my garage into an Art Studio and hit spent some historied days there immersed in painting.

Palm Springs in the primeval Spring - where I became fascinated with and wrote a Blog posting on the Mid-Century Post Modern resurgence of 'screen block.'

Palm Springs Modern Architecture and the Use of Screen Block
Palm Springs Modern Architecture and the Use of Screen Block

A activate to the Okanagan with my Dad and a visit to the The Nk'Mip Winery and Resort in Osoyoss - where I was inspired by the use of Rammed Earth in Modern Architecture.

Rammed Earth Wall NK'MIP Winery Osoyoos
Rammed Earth Wall NK'MIP Winery Osoyoos

A trip to New royalty in Sept and another in December. What can I say about New York, other than that it is digit of the most exciting and visually stimulating cities in the world. Being able to see the artwork of enthusiastic masters at the MOMA, Colony O'Keeffe at The Whitney, and Kandinsky at the Guggenheim - it just doesn't get meliorate than that. I shopped for clients at the D & D Building, A & D Building, and the New royalty Design Center, explored Soho, Tribeca, the Meat Packing District, Canal Street, walked Central Park, 5th Avenue, tried the Subway, enjoyed live theatre, ate at wonderful restaurants, enjoyed the lights and class windows all decorated for Christmas, met new friends, and adjoining with old friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment